Before leaving Japan temporally, never forget to follow the process below! You have to follow school rules to get the better support from Nagoya University!
1. On-line Temporally leaving application
Whenever you will leave Japan temporally, you have to fill in this online database.
2. Submitting the temporally leaving report to GSES Office
- Get an approval of your academic supervisor.
- Print out the temporally leaving document above and obtain the signature and a seal of your academic supervisor.
- Submit the document to the GSES Student Affairs Office!
3. Re-entry permission
- Application form for Re-entry permit
- Valid passport
- Residence Card
- Student ID card or a certificate of enrollment
- Fee: Revenue stamp of 3,000 yen (for single re-entry) or 6,000 yen (for multiple re-entries)
- You are not required to apply for a re-entry permit, if you have a valid passport and a Residence Card and will be re-entering Japan within one year of your departure (or before the expiration of your residence period) to continue your activities (called a special re-entry permit).
- At departure, you are required to present your valid passport and your Residence Card to the immigration officer and submit the ED (entry departure) card.
- If you wish to re-enter Japan using the special re-entry permit, please be sure to put a tick on the appropriate check-box on the ED card.
- When you leave Japan with a special re-entry permit, you cannot extend your residence period outside of Japan. If your period of stay expires within one year after your departure, please ensure that you re-enter Japan before the expiration of your residence period.
- If you go overseas for more than one year, you will be required to apply for a re-entry permit at the Immigration Bureau before your departure